About Arvigo Therapy
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are founded on an ancient Maya technique of Abdominal Massage. This technique is performed externally by gently guiding and supporting organs back into their optimal position, allowing for improved functioning for optimal health and wellness.
Arvigo Therapy® is best known for addressing misalignment or congestion in the reproductive organs of all individuals, as well as many common digestive disorders. The techniques effectively alleviate tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen. It addresses and can release emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen. This assists to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology while improving the body's ability to SELF REPAIR AND BALANCE.
Arvigo Therapy® may help to address the discomfort and pain associated with the following conditions:
- Digestive disorders (Crohn's, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion, etc.)
- Muscular Tension
- Urinary System (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
- Post Surgical (scar tissue, recovery, etc.)
- Menstrual Disorders (painful periods)
- Pre-Conception through Postpartum
- Supporting natural Fertility, ART and IVF preparation
- C-section/hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Menopause symptoms
- Pelvic Organ Congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
- Prostatitis (mild)
SPECIFICS FOR BOOKING APPOINTMENTS:
The best time to book an appointment for The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® for individuals who are trying to conceive is ideally between the end of menses and just before ovulation.
For individuals still menstruating and not trying to conceive then the abdominal work can be done between the end of menses up until 5 days before you are due to menstruate.
For example – if you have a 28 day cycle, bleed for 5 days, ovulate on Cycle day (CD)#14, best to book if trying to conceive (TTC) from CD# 6-14, or if not TTC then any time between CD #6-23.
Please note that if you have any of the following, the lower abdominal work should not be done:
- Active infection (e.g. Bladder or yeast infection)
- Individuals with an IUD or pessaries (these must be removed before treatment)
- During Menstruation
- Within 6 weeks of abdominal or pelvic surgeries
- Active cancer
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A SESSION:
- The first appointment for the Arvigo Therapy® needs to be 90 -120 minutes in length in order to have a comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs focusing on reproductive and digestive health ( there is a specific intake separate from the usual intake forms, so if you are already an existing client there still needs some discussion specific to this work)
- If you are new to Tina's massage therapy practice you will still need to fill in her regular health history form as that is required information under the legislation as well as the supplemental Mayan abdominal massage forms.
- Evaluation of and application of bodywork to improve alignment of spine.
- Instruction in self-care massage to enhance your professional session.
- Tina will work with you to address your specific needs. Typically, 2-3 professional sessions (at a minimum) are required to address many conditions. Clients who perform their self-care massage on a routine basis report an improvement in their symptoms.