About Arvigo Therapy
The Arvigo techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy are founded on an ancient Maya technique of Abdominal Massage. This technique is performed externally by gently guiding and supporting organs back into their optimal position, allowing for improved functioning for optimal health and wellness.
Arvigo Therapy® is best known for addressing misalignment or congestion in the reproductive organs of both men and women, as well as many common digestive disorders. The techniques effectively alleviate tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen. It addresses and can release emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen. This assists to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology while improving the body's ability to SELF REPAIR AND BALANCE.
The following are the most common symptoms and conditions that Arvigo Therapy® may help address
FOR EVERYONE (infancy to elderly)
- Digestive disorders (Crohn's, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion, etc.)
- Muscular Tension
- Urinary System (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
- Fertility Enhancement
- Post Surgical (scar tissue, recovery, etc.)
- Menstrual Disorders (painful/irregular periods)
- Pre-Conception through Postpartum
- Fertility Enhancement
- C-section/hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Pelvic Organ Congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
SPECIFICS FOR FERTILITY ENHANCEMENTThe best time to book the Maya abdominal massage using the Arvigo techniques for fertility enhancement (and all women still menstruating) is ideally between the end of menses and just before ovulation or the possibility of pregnancy.
- Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
- Prostatitis (mild)
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A SESSION
- The first appointment for the Arvigo Therapy® needs to be 90 -120 minutes in length in order to have a comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs focusing on reproductive and digestive health ( there is a specific intake separate from the usual intake forms, so if you are already an existing client there still needs some discussion specific to this work)
- If you are new to Tina's massage therapy practice you will still need to fill in her regular health history form as that is required information under the legislation as well as the supplemental Mayan abdominal massage forms.
- Evaluation of and application of bodywork to improve alignment of spine
- Instruction in self-care massage to enhance your professional session.
- Tina will work with you to address your specific needs. Typically, 2-3 professional sessions (at a minimum) are required to address many conditions. Clients who perform their self-care massage on a routine basis report an improvement in their symptoms.